An uncharacteristically serious, not to mention gloomy, post for today.
While you in the US debate the merits of Meryl Streep, this is what’s been happening while the President-elect childishly badmouths an actress on Twitter to distract coverage by the biased ‘liberal’ press.
- TFF fires all Ambassadors and Special Envoys, ordering them out by inauguration day.
2. House brings back the Holman rule allowing them to reduce an individual civil service, SES position, or political appointee’s salary to $1, effectively firing them by amendment to any piece of legislation. You now know why they wanted names and positions of people in Energy and State.
3. Senate schedules 6 simultaneous hearings on cabinet nominees and triple-books those hearings with TFF’s first press conference in months and an ACA budget vote, effectively preventing any concentrated coverage or protest.
4. House GOP expressly forbids the Congressional Budget Office from reporting or tracking ANY costs related to the repeal of the ACA.
5. TFF continues to throw the intelligence community under the bus to protect Putin, despite the growing mountain of evidence that the Russians deliberately interfered in our election.
6. TFF breaks a central campaign promise to make Mexico pay for the wall by asking Congress (in other words, you, the taxpayers) to pay for it.
7. TFF threatens Toyota over a new plant that was never going to the US and wouldn’t have taken jobs out of the US.
8. House passes the REINS act, giving them veto power over any rules enacted by any federal agency or department–for example, FDA or EPA bans a drug or pesticide, Congress can overrule based on lobbyists not science. Don’t like that endangered species designation, Congress kills it.
Most of this is a Copy and Paste from a Friend’s FB post, but also I thought I read yesterday that an EPA ruling on lowering uranium contamination of water used in a uranium mine has been overturned by the Goptards as being ‘unduly onerous.’
Oh, and Jared Kushner has been nominated for a top advisory role by TFF. (If you’re in the UK, you may not know that this proxy TFF is married to the fragrant Ivanka, who just happens to be TFF’s daughter.
Y’all have a nice day now, ya hear?